nav bar

Image Map

Monday, February 18, 2013

Spring Table

Happy Monday friends!  How was your weekend?  We had a low-key weekend.  We did a little shopping, a little cleaning and a little crib-lowering.  Now that Paisley is pulling up on everything, it was time to lower the mattress! I also got around to finishing up my Spring Table and I can't wait to show it to you!

I went with a simple, natural look.  I saw some cute burlap silverware holders on Design, Dining & Diapers and thought they would look great with my spring decor.  They are super easy and quick to make.  I just cut out a strip of burlap ribbon and folded up the bottom.  Then used a line of hot glue on each side. 



I used my old Root Beer Crate as a centerpiece and made a "Spring" banner for the front.  I used scrapbook paper and letters, and a little jute to hang it.


I used a pretty white pitcher and filled it with fake blue hydrangea flowers.  Because really, you can't go wrong with hydrangeas! Something about them just screams happiness and springtime!  


Have you ever crafted with beans? Yes, I said "beans"...

See that cute little round ball in front of the pitcher?  That's a Styrofoam ball covered in LIMA BEANS! I made this awhile ago so I don't have a tutorial.  But, you seriously just hot glue the beans right onto the ball!


Next to my pitcher I used a cute little stool and birdie...

And a lantern...


 Which had a fake candle in it! Shhh..don't tell!


These sweet little birdies are actually salt and pepper shakers!

And now for the whole table....!!!!
  



One last overview... :)
 Thank you so much for stopping by today!  My hope is that if I prepare for Spring just a little bit early, it will come just a little bit faster!  It's nasty and rainy here in Southern Illinois so I'm hoping for some sunshine tomorrow!
Remember my cute little prego friend from our "Mommy To BEE" post?  Well she's having that sweet little boy this week and tomorrow night I get to take some silhouette pictures for her! I am so excited to see how they turn out and even more excited to meet little Rylyn!
Hope y'all have a great week!

16 comments:


  1. It looks beautiful Emily! I'm ready for spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! I'm loving that styrofoam ball with the lima beans!! I'm totally making some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tonya! I love them too! I have a brown one also! They are so cute and simple!

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness... so pretty :) i like the burlap silver ware holders! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie! And, thanks for hosting awesome parties! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. So happy to have found your blog and all the great content. It's incredible the amount of similarities we have (although I am definitely not as talented as you in the DIY department!). I was reading your about page - we also live in a super tiny rural (Texas) town (I use "town" loosely, because it's not even an actual town), I'm married to a cop, we live on 200 acres that is also family land, and were married in early Nov (07) as well!

    Just thought I'd say "hello"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey new friend! I'm so glad you found Bonfires and Wine and I'm so glad to have found you also! That's crazy how similar our lives are! My grandma, Paisley's great-grandma, is our "Nana" also! How crazy! The coolest thing about blogging has got to be meeting new friends! :) Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Love it all!!! Can't wait to come back and spend some time looking around! If you haven't already had a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and share your decor at the 100th Tuesday To Do Party over at The Blackberry Vine! http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesday-to-do-party-100-99-list-makers.html

    Smiles!
    Jami
    The Blackberry Vine
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up.
    Take care
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! And,thanks for hosting great parties! :)

      Delete
  7. How lovely! I love the texture of that bean ball too! Pinned it! And thanks for linking up to our Countdown to Spring Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I love the little bean balls too! Thank you for stopping by and thanks so much for hosting! :)

      Delete
  8. I love this Emily!! Especially that adorable spring banner! Gosh, I am so ready for spring! I'm over this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh boy oh boy, I can tell I shall love this site....anything with old crates is great...new follower and NEW BLOGGER http://littlebrags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...