nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Hey y'all......Charlie here again!!! Well as you saw the past few weeks have been quite busy.  I also got the privilege to spend a few hours with my girls at an auction.  I love going to auctions.  The only problem is, I get so many ideas of what I could do with certain items and we don't have the space.  I know what Emily's answer is......"build a bigger house, Charlie". 

Last night Emily was on her way to a friends for "Girl's Night" (or, "Charlie gets to spend an evening in the garage" night) and I get a text that says 'I dropped a bottle of wine in the garage'.  All I could think of was that Bon Jovi song - "Shot Through The Heart".  She must have been too excited for "Girls Night".  A moment of silence for our lost friend................


 
Haha, it will be alright Emily, the winery is just a mile up the road.  A couple weeks ago Emily made some Low Fat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.  I'm sure they are delicious and are healthy for you but I hate Oatmeal, and if I see "Low Fat", I assume not tasty.  While watching Emily eat one of her cookies one night I got on Pinterest and found some delicious looking Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies via RealMomKitchen.  So at 10pm I started to make my own batch. (that's right, I cook)
 
 
 
 
Here is the recipe:
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 32 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, each cut into 4 pieces
  •       (I used peanut butter chips...that's all I had - still amazing)

    1. Mix the ingredients down to the vanilla. Add soda, salt, and flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
    2. Using and ice cream scoop, scoop dough (these are big cookies). Place 6 scoops of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Use your hand and slightly flatten each scoop of dough. Cook for 12 minutes at 350.
    3. Remove cookies from oven and lightly press 8 cut up pieces of the Reese’s peanut butter cups over the top of each cookie. Return to oven for 2 more minutes. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before placing on cooling rack.. Makes 18 cookies.

    Everyone needs a good snack every once in awhile, right?  Make sure you guys stop by tomorrow and check out my barnwood end table I made for a buddy.  I love working with barnwood, so if you have an old barn or know of one, be sure to let me know.  I would even be willing to make ya something in return :) 

    Have you subscribed yet?  Checked out our Facebook page?

    ~Charlie

    Linking up:

    House of Hepworth
    The Shabby Creek Cottage
    Somewhat Simple
    The Trendy Treehouse
    The 36th Avenue
    Chef in Training
    Not Just A Housewife
    Crafty Scrappy Happy
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...