nav bar

Image Map

Friday, February 8, 2013

Barnwood Table

Hey y'all......Charlie here again.  Do you remember the table I mentioned yesterday in my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie Post?  Well, I've got some pictures to show ya how 100 year old barn wood can be turned into something beautiful for your home.  The wood came from a friends barn that had been in his family for years.  Mother Nature finally took its toll on the old barn and he is in the process of taking it down.  I was able to get a few pieces of wood off the barn before it was destroyed.  The neat thing about old barn wood is that it actually measures to the size we call boards at a lumber yard.  Yeah, a 2x4 is actually 2x4.......Enough of my rambling about wood, here's some pics........


 
I made a table for a friends basement a couple of years ago.  The top that I used on that table came from a barn stall at the Kentucky Derby Raceway (again, found it at the Nashville Flea Market).  This one will join it in his newly finished basement!
 
  
 
So what do ya think?  I'm sure he will like it.  Remember don't throw that old wood away. You can turn it into something useful in your house...... 
 
There is no auction this weekend so I'm going to have to find something else to do to keep me busy.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for spring to get here.  Have a good weekend!!!!!!!!!
 
~Charlie
 
Linking up:
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Cool table...found you over at Gail's My repurposed life. Had a look at that cookie recipe too! Yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Love the table and the use of the barn wood. Love repurposing!!
    I'd love for you to come over and share at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party which is open until Tuesday evening. http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh Anne! I just linked up! And, thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh! I LOVE this! It is so charming and rustic! Perfect for wine time!!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenna! Thanks for stopping by! I agree...all it's missing is some wine! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. great looking table! I imagine that wood was expensive since it was at the nashville flea market. Rustic stuff is high there! :)

    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gail! It was definitley more than the pieces we get to scrap ourselves! haha! So worth it though, to know it's history! Thank you for hosting your wonderful parties! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...