nav bar

Image Map

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Charlie's Cheesy Chicken & Rice

Hey y'all.......Charlie here again and I've been back in the kitchen.  Let me start out by saying I don't envy any of you stay at home Moms or Dads.  After getting hurt at work and anxiously waiting to return, I've spent most of my days at home watching Paisley.  Seems simple enough, not hardly.  I don't know where all the laundry and dishes come from, but seems like I never catch up.  Conversations with a 9 month old seem to take up most of the day and before I know it Emily is on her way home and supper is not even started.  So.......I decided that I could start some crock pot meals in the morning which would leave me more time during the day.  Here is a meal that I like to cook in the oven but decided to try it in the crock pot and it turned out awesome.


 
The neat thing about this recipe is that the ingredients used are something you always seem to have in the house.  This is what I used:
 
1 Can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup ( Could also use Cream of Mushroom)
1 package of herb & butter rice (I recommend that you cook the rice first if not using instant rice.)
Chicken Breasts (I used 5 of the tenderloins- or 2-3 chicken breasts)
1/2 cups Shredded Cheese
 
 
 
 
Place the chicken in the crock pot and season them to your liking...(Don't tell Emily but I seasoned ours with Weber's Kickn' Chicken Seasoning to give it some extra flavor SPICE!!!!
 
 
 
Next, pour the Cream of Chicken over the chicken and set the crock to low.
 
 
Now you can add your rice and your cheese.  If you are not using instant rice cook your rice first and then place into the crock. Now you can cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring every once in awhile. 
 
   
 
 I was excited about how delicious it turned out.  The best thing is, your better half will think you slaved over the stove all day.  I'm sure I'll be spending some more time in the kitchen and I'll let you know how that turns out.  PS....If anyone has any tips on how to get the laundry and dishes to clean themselves be sure to let me know!!!  Hope you all have a good week, I'm gonna go make Emily jealous and have a conversation and play time with a cute little 9 month old.
 
~CHARLIE
 
Linking up:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...