nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dresser Make-Over

Hey guys! How's your Thursday going so far?  I am T.I.R.E.D. today!  Wednesday nights, my girlfriends and I get together and have a "Girls Night/Pinterest Party".  Sometimes they go a little late and the mornings come way too fast! But, I wouldn't want it any other way.  Make sure you stay tuned...I'll do a post a little later on and show you what we came up with this week! 
 
Charlie and I have been waiting anxiously to finish up this project and give you guys a look at the finished project!  My cousin Stephanie, who blogs at Crazy for Crockin', decided she needed a little bedroom make-over.  So piece by piece and project by project we are giving the room a major overhaul!  Since we finished up on the dresser, we figured we would give you a little sneak peak at how it turned out...
 
Here's the before shots...
 
 
 
 
 
 
We took off all of the old hardware...
 
 
Then sanded it all down...
 
 
Then applied SEVERAL coats of primer...
 
 
 
 Steph picked our two colors and we went with a two-tone effect.  It really made the beautiful curves of this old dresser come to life!
 
 
 
 
We also added new hardware, which makes a world of difference!
 
 
 
 
A few more shots...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 What do y'all think!?!?  Steph and her hubby loved how it turned out and so did we!  We can't wait to finish up the rest of the room and show you how pretty it looks in the new space!
 
Hope you have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Make sure you subscribe so you can see the finished project!
 
 

12 comments:

  1. It turned out just beautiful! I love painted furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the curves on that dresser...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen! Hope you have a great Valentine's Day and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful transformation! I love what you did with this. The colors are so perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Taryn! Thank you! And, thanks again for hosting! We love your parties :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous makeover - you can NEVER go wrong with gray and white - I firmly believe that - that's why mostly everything I paint is in those 2 colors lol
    Beautiful job!!!!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suzan! Thanks so much! I agree...I am loving how they worked together! Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful, great job! Love the colour combo and also the "suave" curves in this piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...