nav bar

Image Map

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Brie's Rustic Wedding {Burlap & Lace}

***(Update: if you've found this post because of the Thank You card on the table and you'd like to get your free printable file, click HERE! )

I've only been talking about this wedding FOREVER, right?  Well, it finally happened!  This past Saturday was Brie's big day and I must say she was downright beautiful and everything went great! 

We literally DIY'd our happy little selves through this entire thing.  For the past year everyone who knew Brie was saving jars.  Salsa jars.  Spaghetti sauce jars.  Pickle jars.  Baby food jars.  All jars were being saved.  

We made all of her bouquets, corsages and boutineers.  Every table centerpiece and all of the head table decor.  Backdrops, signs and personalized guest book.  Even her garter and head piece were DIY'd.  Like, EVERYTHING!!!

This saved Brie a ton of money, plus we really got to create exactly what she wanted.

WARNING:  If you aren't in the mood to look at a few gazillion pics, you should just close your browser now.  I may or may not have gone a little photo crazy.  
Even if some of them are with my phone because I left my camera at home.
(stupid. stupid. stupid.)


We went simple with the ceremony.  Just some purple pom pom balls and big burlap bows with baby's breath.  


A sweet shot of the beautiful couple right after the wedding.


We used a beautiful ivory lace that had a little stretch to it for her DIY Garter.  We measured her leg and had my grandma sew it together.  We bought some fabric flowers in the scrapbooking department at Hobby Lobby and hot glued them onto the lace.  I just love how beautiful and classy they turned out!




Now for the centerpieces.  We used jars, wine bottles and baby food jars.  All were wrapped with a mixture of burlap, lace and jute.  One jar on each table had an engagement picture printed on vellum mod podged to it.  Then, we lit candles inside making the photo glow.










I created these "thank you" cards  and menu cards using Picmonkey and we printed them on brown kraft paper.




(Get your free thank you card printable file here!)





(Get your free thank you card printable file here!)



We used more burlap and lace as a backdrop for the head table.  Plus signs with the Bride and Groom names.  








I used some burlap to make a Mr. & Mrs. sign for the head table. 



Brie used all of the engagement photo's that I took and created an awesome personalized guest book online.  She also had wine bottles setup and note cards for people to leave them messages in for them to read on their anniversaries.  


Cue bad iphone photo's here...




















We had so much fun prepping for this wedding and I hope it was all Brie could have ever dreamed of.  She was absolutely stunning!  Tim sure is a lucky guy! ;)

Are any of y'all planning a wedding right now?

Are you DIY'ing it all too?

We'd love to see some photo's!

Linking up:

Not Just  A Housewife
Design Dining & Diapers
Love of Family & Home

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I am going to a wedding tomorrow and I think we will see some burlap and twine in this brides decor as well! So pretty and congrats to the couple! Stopping by from Inspire Me blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie's wedding turned out beautifully - I just love all of the burlap and lace details and the purple, and the wood slices in the centerpieces are such a nice rustic touch! I recently helped my best friend plan a burlap and mason jar themed wedding with a navy and yellow color scheme and I'm a little obsessed with rustic weddings right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with them too, Heather! Sounds like we have similar tastes! haha! Thanks so much for stopping by! Nice to meet you :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing pictures and very beautifully captured I must say. I like the wedding decoration and theme. Everything is just perfect at its place. Choosing a rustic theme for wedding is such a creative and new idea that most of the couples prefer these days for their weddings. This is such a great idea to combine different decoration elements together to get the vintage look for your special day. You can also choose the flowers and other decorative items accordingly. In my wedding, I also chose rustic vintage theme. The wedding area and tables were decorated with rustic colored flowers which were ordered from http://postalflowers.ie/ and a variety of vintage tea cups were hanged over the table. To give a truly old vintage feel, some candles in vintage holders were also placed on table. This rustic theme actually added a glance to the whole wedding decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the thank you note! Do you have a pdf? Thank you!
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the thank you note! Do you have a pdf? Thank you!
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you send me the PDF, also? I would love to have this for my daughter's wedding. Thanks!
      Look2jc@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Just sent you the file Debbie! :)

      Delete
    3. Can you send me the PDF for the thank you note also? Thanks
      Future_mrs.sorenson@yahoo.com

      Delete
    4. Can you send me the PDF of the Thank you note please? I'm trying to recreate something like and not having much luck! My email is shelby92227@gmail.com

      Thanks!

      Delete
    5. Can you send me the pdf of this as well? My email is harema@uni.edu. Thank you!!

      Delete
  6. What is the name of the flowers that you used in the centerpieces? (Purple/white) They are beautiful! (Are they real or fake flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! They're all fake flowers from Hobby Lobby! I'm soooooo not a flower expert and I really am not sure what kind they are. I believe they're a form of hydrangea though. That's what I called them at least, LOL!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful rustic wedding! I love the thank you note! Where did you find this? I'm looking for one for our rustic wedding in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caelan! I made the thank you note :) What's your email? I'll send it to you!

      Delete
  8. Could I get the PDF of the thank you note as well? It's a lovely thought to share at a wedding!(melissawickett@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love the PDF of the thank you note as well if possible. My e-mail is Kylie_Rhodes@alumni.baylor.edu

    Lovely wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could i also get a copy of the thank you note? Thank you!
    amkimbell@aggienetwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could you please send me a copy of the thank you note as well? Thanks! Alissa.Brunssen@vscsd.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. My future sister-in-law just sent me a 'thank you' card like that, but I like this one a lot better! Do you think you could send me the PDF as well? Thanks!

    jessica.m.rodriguez88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love a copy of the thank you note please! My email is shelby92227@gmail.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just emailed all of you! The thank you note is now available for you on this post: http://www.bonfiresandwine.com/2015/03/thank-you-card-for-wedding-reception.html

    Thanks guys! Happy Wedding Planning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful wedding! My daughter's wedding is in 3 weeks. I would like to use your burlap idea for the head table. Can you tell me how you attached everything to the table? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a Beautiful wedding! There is something about country, rustic weddings! You can just feel the love. :) Your wedding was Beautiful, as well!! I am new to your blog and I LOVE it!! Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! nurse hat

    ReplyDelete
  18. In the event that you are having a sea shore wedding, at that point pastel tones on the table that mirror the sand and the ocean would be proper. round party tables for sale wholesale

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...