nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stripes and Memories...

Hey guys!  How's your week been!?  Charlie and I have been busy this week.  Deciding when to take down Winter themed decor and pack up the snowmen always seems like such a hard decision!  Please tell me I'm not alone!?!?  I'm slowly pulling it all down and replacing it with all the hearts and roses and Valentine's Day Stuff. When do y'all take down your Winter things???

We have been working on our hallway and photo gallery wall for what seems like months now!  At least pics of my sweet baby Paisley will never go out of season!  So we'll get right to it.....
Say hello to our ugly hallway "before"...

Boring. Plain. Tan. Empty Frame. Blah.


Now, say hello to my big mistake...
Helpful hint: ALWAYS make sure you check to see if you need to buy glossy, semi-gloss, flat, etc.
Rookie Mistake


OK, let's just go back to that for a second....do you see that huge splotch of miscolored paint!?!?  How embarrassing!

Fresh paint...ahhhhh


Level and mark...


Tape it off....


Paint between the lines...

 

BE PATIENT!!!  Let it dry overnight, then pull.


Now, stand back and admire...


Hellooooo STRIPES!


I've admired zillions of photo gallery walls on Pinterest and had big dreams of creating our own.  Especially since Miss Paisley joined us.

Our house is pretty open.  You can see this hallway from just about anywhere, so it's the perfect place for our very own photo gallery wall and it's safe to say this is our new focal point!



Ready, set, cue image overload.... 


This "E" came from the Nashville Flea Market.  It was royal blue when we bought it!  It came from an old business sign.  I like to imagine what kind of business it came from...or what city it once looked over...


Our amazing family photographer, Nichole at Whimsey Photography took the majority of these beautiful pictures. 



We wanted a mixture of frames and textures so we decided to make our own canvas prints. 


This big frame is a 3 part version of this one that Charlie showed you how to make last month...


Saddle Up - Hobby Lobby


There it is!  I'm happy with how it turned out and I love seeing all of these pics everyday!



What do you think!?  Do you have a gallery wall in your house?
Thanks for stopping by!  We love having you!  Make sure you subscribe and stay connected with us!
 Have a great weekend!

shabby creek cottage
A Crafty SoireeThe 36th AVENUE
Somewhat Simple






6 comments:

  1. Looks great Emily!!!! You and Charlie make a great team! Love all of the pictures of Paisley! She is adorable! I also love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I was just talking to Cortney about convincing Craig that they need stripes!!!

      Delete
  2. Great blog! I really love how it's easy on my eyes as well as the facts are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made.
    Wall Coverings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoy our blog! You can submit your email on the right hand side of the page (right underneath our picture) and get our blog posts in your inbox! You can also follow us on Facebook!

      http://www.facebook.com/BonfiresAndWine

      Delete
  3. That looks really nice! .. First time stopping by your blog.. came across it via Pinterest!.. I too have a blog, www.jhousetawk.blogspot.com (Jordann) .. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jordann! Thanks for stopping by! I will head over and check yours out, too! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...