nav bar

Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Flea Market Dreams

Hey y'all!  We're back to normal...I think....well, starting tomorrow we will be.  We spent the weekend up North visiting some family, and today we are unpacking and trying to get our house back in order before returning to work tomorrow.  We were supposed to head North on Christmas night, but this is what our back yard looked like...

Gorgeous, right?
 
Beautiful to look at, not so amazing to drive 5 hours in.
So, we stayed in and pushed the trip back a week.
This beautiful view also meant SNOW DAY from work!!!
We got a few projects completed and a few more started.
 
Today, I'm going to show off my hubby's latest handy work.  Then later this week he's going to give y'all a tutorial so make sure you check back.  I'm giving you an in depth look (because I love it and took an obsessive amount of photos)!
 
Let me start with a little story.  When we were in Nashville for Thanksgiving we spent a whole day at the Flea Market.  (P.S. - if you ever plan a trip to Nashville, check the Flea Market dates.)  Anyways, there was a booth there with a chalkboard.  A big chalkboard.  It was about 6 foot wide by 3 foot tall and had a barn wood frame.  It was beautiful.  It was also $70.  And, I had no clue what I would do with a chalkboard that large.  So we walked on by and went home chalkboardless.  Fast forward a few weeks, Charlie walks in from the garage, full of saw dust and smiles.  He said he had an early Christmas gift for me.  Guess what it was...



A CHALKBOARD!!!  Woop Woop!!!  And, this one is even better than the one at the flea market....it's magnetic!!!

Remember how I said I didn't know where I'd put a huge chalkboard?  Believe me...we quickly found a place!  We moved a hutch, rearranged things and found the perfect spot in our kitchen.  Charlie got it in it's place and we knew it needed something.....

What was it missing?  WINE of course!

 
 
Charlie went back to the saw dust and came back with a one of a kind wine shelf! 
So, we had a chalkboard and some wine and filled in the blanks with mason jars and candles. 
 
Here's the part where the obsessive pics come in...
 





 









 
 
 
What do you think?  I L.O.V.E. it!  It was an awesome Christmas present! 
 
Don't forget to check back later this week for the tutorial on the chalkboard AND the wine shelf!
 
~Emily

Linking up:

Today's Creative Blog

DIY Show Off

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...