nav bar

Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Freezer Smoothies

Hey guys!  Hope you've had a good day!  Remember when I told you about pinning healthy recipes? Well, I really love smoothies. Like, I love, love, love them.  But they always seem to be a hassle.  Getting out all the ingredients, dirtying that huge blender and making such a mess.  I dreamt of making the biggest batch of smoothies ever and having them ready within minutes of my craving, without creating all the mess.  So, I got to thinking.  We have a Food Saver and Charlie and I have been making all of Paisley's food ourselves, then storing it in the Food Saver bags.  We figured there's no reason why it shouldn't work just the same with smoothies!
 
I got out my fruit, milk, yogurt, and sugar and made a giant batch of smoothies.  Charlie helped me pour a cup full at a time into our Food Saver bags and seal them.  The giant batch made 7 bags and we put them right in the freezer!  The next night I took one out of the freezer that way in the morning it would be ready to go.  The next day I woke up and went straight for my smoothie....IT...WAS....PERFECT!!!  And, soooo quick!  And, the best part...no mess!
 
Wanna make your own?  Here's our recipe...
 
 
 
 
 
FREEZER SMOOTHIES
 
A lot of fruit - We used Wal-Mart brand, bagged mixed fruit 64 oz.
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Splenda/artificial sweetener
 
Blend everything and pour into bags for freezing.  It's that simple! 
 
 I have to admit...I am NOT a chef.  I added the ingredients slowly and sampled until I was happy with the taste.  The measurements listed above is what I ended up with.  Definitely taste test and decide what works for you!
 
Our giant batch made a week's worth of freezer smoothies!
 
 
This is how my smoothie looked the next morning!
 
AHHHMAZING!
 
 
Have you experimented with make ahead / freezer recipes?? I'd love to know what you've tried!  We're always looking for new ways and recipes!
 
Thanks for checking in! Hope you have an awesome day!
 
Linking up:
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried freezing smoothies. I like this idea! Thanks for sharing it. Coming over from Show & Share Wednesday @ Semi Homemade Mom.

    Mamamia @ http://mybiscuitsareburning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had either, but they turned out great and sooo easy! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
    Restaurant bars in singapore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...