nav bar

Image Map

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Low Fat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I've been attempting to PIN healthy meal and snack options on Pinterest lately.  Who's with me?  It's that whole "New Years Resolution" crap I guess.  Anyways, I came across this LOW FAT, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe on the "Baking Bites" blog and just had to try it out.  I really love oatmeal raisin cookies, but Charlie despises of them!  So, they never get made in this household.  I decided that needed to change as soon as I found this recipe. 

Let me tell you how I found it.  I had pinned a recipe for overnight fridge oatmeal that I wanted to try out.  I picked up the oats while I was at the store, came home to get started and realized they weren't supposed to be Quick Oats.  Awesome. NOT!  So I of course went to Pinterest to find a recipe worth saving this accidental purchase.  That's how I landed on this recipe at Baking Bites!



 
 
 
Here's the recipe:
 
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbl. unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups quick oats
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.

Add the egg, followed by the applesauce and vanilla extract.

Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto prepared baking sheets, flattening each cookie slightly. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.

Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
 
 
 
 
I really loved the way these turned out!  And hey, who doesn't feel better about eating cookies when they have "LOW FAT" right in the name!?!?
 
Have a great day y'all! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Linking up:
 
 
TheBetterMom.com
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Home Stories A2Z



The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...