nav bar

Image Map

Monday, January 28, 2013

Mr. & Mrs. ~ DIY Sign Tutorial

Hey Y'all!  Happy Monday!  How was your weekend?  Ours was pretty jam packed.  Miss "P" had her 9 month photo shoot, we went to a benefit for some of our best friends, Charlie went to an auction and scored some awesome deals, we started plans for a little furniture make-over and we even found time to catch up with friends from out of town!  It was a GREAT weekend!
 
We also managed to put together a little something for our master bedroom.  We showed you our Flea Market Lamps last week and this week we added some Mr. & Mrs. signs!  Here's how we did it...
 
 
 We started with two pieces of scrap wood.  (my favorite barn wood)
 
 
 
I used my Cricut machine and some vinyl to make a stencil.  I cut out the letters and stuck them to my boards, making sure there were no gaps.  Then, I just painted over my stencil.  Once it dried and I pulled off my vinyl stencil I was left with my perfect letters!  But, who really likes perfect anyways!?  I quickly grabbed some sandpaper and got busy distressing!
 
 
We're still working on some Master Bedroom projects, so you'll only get a few shots here... :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What do ya think!?  This was a quick and easy project that I think made a big impact for our bedroom. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great day!
 
 
 Linking up:

 
 
House of Rose
 
Skip To My Lou
Between Naps On The Porch
 Craft O Maniac
DIY Showoff
The Girl Creative
Keeping It Simple
Monday Funday
The Better Mom
Under the Table and Dreaming
Homemaker on a Dime
Domestically Speaking
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I love love love the ruggedness of the wood you used! It's perfect. Looks so great with your wall decor....

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here! LOVE those adorable signs. Great job! Your blog is full of awesome-ness and inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad you found us! Have a great night!

      Delete
  3. Love your MR and MRS! Pinning. New follow for your page. Follow me back too at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/his-and-her-pillows.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nice to meet you! So glad you found us! Your "His & Hers" pillows are adorable!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! Just checked out your site too! Love your plank wall! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...