nav bar

Image Map

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

DIY Toothbrush Holder

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hey y'all!  Hope you had a great 4th of July.  We celebrated with friends and family, put on an awesome fireworks show and watched an outdoor movie! We had so much fun!  So much fun, that we needed a little break!  We've been working on some projects, swimming in our new pool, and most importantly welcoming a new little baby into the world.  Remember Jen, my best friend?  She had her sweet baby boy on Saturday and I was lucky enough to be by her side.  It was an unforgettable experience and I'm so honored and blessed to have been a part of it.  A day I know I'll cherish forever.  :)

Alright, so I'm going to show y'all the last (I think?) DIY project from our bathroom remodel project!  We've talked about the big reveal, walked you through the 
plank wall
hand towel holder, 
barnwood vanity light, 
ladder towel storage
our faucet face-lift, 

and now finally, our DIY TOOTHBRUSH HOLDER!





This project was so simple, it barely requires instructions.  Seriously.  It's all about re-purposing the clutter in your house!!!  Sometimes I look around our house and just start picking things up.  I take them and move them to another space or another room as if I'm de-cluttering.  I'm really just cluttering up a new space! haha!  

In this case, we took something old which was really just taking us space and cluttering up an end table, and created a one-of-a-kind toothbrush holder!



Charlie used a hole saw bit and drilled out a few holes in the bottom of our country dreams box.  



Then, we sanded it down and painted it blue using the same paint from our plank wall.  After the blue paint dried, I lightly white washed it using a very small amount of white paint on the tip of a paint brush.  This is the same technique we used while painting the planks and the ladder storage.  

When we were finished, we had a toothbrush holder that matched the rest of our decor and colors perfectly! 




What do you think??? I love how it turned out and you know what I love even more???  This project was FREE as can be!!!  That's the best type of project!

We're hoping to finish up some patio updates and possibly show you Miss Paisley's room soon, so stay tuned!  

Follow along!



Linking Up:

Love of Family And Home
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy

11 comments:

  1. I could never tell that this cute toothbrush holder was a free project! I'm going to pin this--I think this would be a great thing to do for my kids bathroom. I'm stopping by from Inspire Me Please (#5 Apple Cinnamon Crock Pot Oatmeal) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carrie! Thanks for stopping by! I'm heading to check out that oatmeal recipe now! :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! great idea! found you through the inspire me Linky! If you have time check us out
    http://mylittlecircusandme.blogspot.com/
    ~Candice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because manual toothbrushes have more plus factors, does not mean that electric ones are completely useless. For people who cannot manually brush their teeth for some reason, the electric type is the better option. electric toothbrush reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Have to try this toothbrush holder DIY project out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.. dental tools

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've written an excellent post, and you've shared it with us about Storage Space. Your article provided me with some unique and useful knowledge. I appreciate you sharing this text with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found decent information in your article. I am impressed with how nicely you described this subject, It is a gainful article for us. Thanks for share it.Self Storage White County Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed every bit of your blog post. Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.
    bamboo toothbrush singapore

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so grateful for your blog post. Thanks Again. Fantastic.
    https://buybambootoothbrush.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly appreciate this post. Much thanks again. Will read on...
    bamboo toothbrush singapore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...