nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY Apple Monogram {Door Hanging}

You guys had a chance to check out the big Front Porch Makeover, right?  The one at my Mom and Dad's house?

Ok, good.

Then, I'm sure you'll remember the focal point of the front door, right?

Our DIY Apple Monogram!!


The original plan was to make this really cute apple wreath that I had found on Pinterest.  


So, it started out like this.  


Then, we quickly realized we would be about 5 bushels of apples too short.  And, at $9.99 for the large size bags, we weren't willing to head back for more.  Even with our 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon, we knew that would be more than we were willing to spend on this project.

We knew we wanted to use the apples somehow, we just weren't sure how.

Then, I remembered we had picked up a big letter "S" at Hobby Lobby to paint and hang somewhere on the porch.  



I arranged the apples on the letter, and Mom and I knew this would achieve the look we were going for!

Helpful Hint:  Arrange the apples on your letter, then snap a photo.  Use the photo as your guide to remember how and where you placed the apples.


We spray painted the "S" black.  We knew there would be places that would show through and wouldn't be filled in.  The backdrop for our Apple Monogram was the front door, which we had painted black.  So, we figured the best way to make the blank spaces blend in, and the apples stand out, would be painting the "S" black.  


Once it was dry, my Mom started to hot glue the apples onto the letter, using the picture as her guide.


It didn't take long at all and the letter was completely filled with apples!

Then, all we had left to do was hang it up! 


What do y'all think?

I think this is my favorite part of the whole makeover and now I want one for my house!  

Which means I need a green room...

Wanna make a DIY Apple Monogram for yourself?  All you need is 2 bags of large size green plastic apples.  One bag of small sized apples.  And, your letter!  We bought all of these things at Hobby Lobby.  This was a really simple, quick and reasonable project that makes a big impact!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. The Apple Monogram is great, but that screen door. Wow. I used to think mine was great, but that one, is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that screen door too, Ricki! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! Come Link up with us on Craft Frenzy Friday at www.craftdictator.com!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cara! Thanks for checking it out! Just linked up with you! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. this. is. AWESOME!

    I'm gonna have to do this!

    I found you through Liz Marie Blog

    <3 Bethany @ Thesepiapuppy.blogspot.com

    new fb and bloglovin follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bethany! Let me know if you try it! I'd love to see it! :) And, thanks so much for following along! Glad to meet you! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this Emily... I'm now following you on Pinterest... I've been trying to figure out what to do - Monogram-wise - for my house.... Something like this may just be what I need!

    Suzie @ Dorothy Sue and Millie B's too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suzie! Let me know if you make one! Thanks so much for following along! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Very cool!
    I hopped over from Creative Friday Frenzy party.
    I like your post-I'll be back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for partying with us last week. We loved your project! Please come back on Friday. Craft Frenzy Friday http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...