nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Front Porch Makeover {Reveal}

So, I've only been talking about this front porch makeover forever now, right? Every single time I planned on photographing it, it rained. Like every single time.

Finally, we had a beautiful day yesterday and I snapped a few ton of pictures to share with you guys!

Let's get right to it, shall we!?

Let me start by saying my Parent's have a beautiful home with a gorgeous, southern, country front porch.  It just needed a little touch of flare!

Here's a few before pics...
(I snapped these photo's quickly with my phone, so they aren't the best quality!)



There really wasn't ever anything on this side of the porch.  Mom never had decided exactly what to do with it, so it's sat empty on this side for awhile now.










Are you ready for the big reveal...??

Cue photo overload...>>>



Hello BEAUtiful!

We'll start with this one-of-a-kind porch swing! 



The porch swing was made from my Mom's old headboard.  It was the headboard she grew up using as a kid.  Then, we I first moved out, my mom passed it down to me.  Since we had Paisley and no longer had a spare room, the headboard had been collecting dust in my parent's garage.


When we decided to give my Parent's front porch a makeover, I knew it definitely needed a porch swing!  And, being able to use this piece of my mom's history was so cool! 


We absolutely love how it turned out!  And, even more special, is this dainty little black table.  My Great-Grandpa built this by hand a long time ago for my Mom.  She's hasn't had a good place for it recently, and we decided this would be the perfect space! 



Charlie says no Southern Porch is complete without a few pretty green ferns! 


This cute little chevron tray, lantern and fake succulents all came from Hobby Lobby.


100% of this design is rooted in the front door.  It started out white.  Mom said from the very beginning she wanted to paint the front door black, so she did just that! And, the rest of the decor followed suit! 


How awesome is this Monogram Door Hanging!?!?  
Yes, those are apples...
Yes, tutorial coming soon...




Their house number sign did not look like this to begin with, either!  More on that to come soon, too... 





This sign also came from Hobby Lobby. 50% off...Holla!!!


She already had all of these things, we just gave them a fresh coat of spray paint and some new dried naturals in the pretty pitcher.


This is my other favorite part.

I have a lot of favorite parts?

These were once white.  We didn't even realize how much they blended in with the white trim and shutters on the house until we gave them a nice coat of black spray paint!  

HOLY TRANSFORMATION!  LOVE THESE!



This cute little table came from a Facebook Swap Site for $10!  And, these cute little decor items came from Hobby Lobby, of course.





The black swing cushion and the green chair cushions all came from our local Rural King and they were very reasonable!  The green and black accent pillows were made by my sweet Great Grandma with fabric from JoAnn Fabrics.  

Ok, one last overall look!


My Mom and Dad are so happy with how it turned out and it was so fun getting to work on a project all together like this!  

What do y'all think?  
What's your favorite part?

I'm loving the colors my Mom picked out!  That monogram door hanging just might be my favorite part!  ..Or the swing...Or the black rockers...





Linking Up:


9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty transformation! I love all the little touches! Great job!
    -Shayna
    www.TheWoodGrainCottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,,I can't decide which part is my favorite! Love. Love. the colors that she chose, that green is one of my favorites! I am sure she will be camping out on that great front porch! Really great make over! stopping by from Love of Family, hope you will stop by to see whats happening in the country! www.prairiegirl4-thatcountryplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dawna! I love that green, too! Thanks for stopping by! Heading over to your place now! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's beautiful! I love, love, love that porch swing!! I saw something about a facebook swap site?! Would you be willing to share that?

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania! Thanks so much for stopping by! The Facebook Swap is a group that people in our area buy and sell things on. People basically post a photo, price and location of an item and the first person to commit to purchasing, gets it! There are actually quite a few groups for our area. The one we use is called a community swap group. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  4. You guys did an amazing job with this makeover!! I love the porch swing!! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...