nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Family Photo with Number System

Allow me to introduce you to my Grandpa.


He goes by "Poppy".  Some people don't even know his real name actually.  Same goes for our Nana.  My friends and cousins friends all know them as "Nana & Poppy".  These names just happened.  When my cousin Stephanie was born (first grandkid), she started call them Nana and Poppy and they just stuck.  For some reason the name she decided on for my wonderful Great-Grandma was "Ingie".  No clue how she even came up with that, but again, it just stuck.

We're all closer than close.  We don't have a huge family, but they're all pretty young so we've been very fortunate to grow up knowing our grandparents and great-grandparents.  My sweet Paisley is even luckier as she can say she has been able to grow up knowing her Great-Great-Grandma.  How awesome is that!?

In our close, little tight-nit family, it's pretty much all girls.  My parents had me and my sister and my mom's only sibling is a sister, which also had two girls!  This never bothered Poppy.  He was, and always has been infatuated with "his girls".

From a very young age, Poppy used a number system to track all of us girls.  Each girl was given their own number which was based on order of birth.  It's a really serious system.  You don't mess with the system.  Even once my parents were married and my aunt married, the men were not allowed to have a number higher than "his girls".  When Paisley was born, the guys all dropped a number.  You didn't mess with the system.  Bottom line.

A few years ago, Poppy decided he needed to make an official set of rules regarding the number system.  It looks like this:








See.
I told you it was serious.
Did you read the "Note" at the bottom!
Serious stuff here, folks. 

So, this past Father's Day we all decided to surprise Poppy and order shirts with our "number" on it.  Each family chose a different color and we each proudly displayed our number on the front of our shirts.  When he arrived at our family dinner he was totally shocked!  That first picture is his reaction! :)

We went outside and took some pictures so we would always remember this special moment with our Poppy!


The guys thought it would be funny to cover up their second number and all be number "1" for a picture!


We also allowed my sister's boyfriend to be in a few pics, but of course he wasn't awarded a number just yet!  "Maybe" is all he gets for now! :)


We had so much fun and I know we'll all cherish these photo's forever!  The look on Poppy's face was priceless and he was so excited to capture these moments!


Thank you so much for stopping by today! Check back next week for the big wedding reveal! 

Linking Up:

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This is the sweetest thing I have ever heard!! Your Poppy sounds amazing. I lost my grandfather (Papa Joe) this past January and this made me miss him so very much. I'd tell you to cherish every day with your Poppy, but it looks like you're already doing a very good job! Thanks for such a heartwarming post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I'm so sorry you lost your Papa. I know we are so fortunate to still have our grandparents with us and we will indeed cherish all the moments we get! Thank you for that sweet reminder :) I'm so glad you stopped by. It's nice to meet you :)

      Delete
  2. This is the best thing ever!! What a wonderful family your have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Sonya! Thank you so much for you sweet words! :) Glad you stopped by today!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...