nav bar

Image Map

Friday, May 9, 2014

We're back! And baby makes FOUR!

Hey y'all!  We're back and very excited to introduce the newest member of Bonfires & Wine!


Miss Guthrie FINALLY decided to grace us with her presence at 5:11 AM on April 13th (her due date).  We went in on Friday night for a scheduled induction and of course nothing went as planned.  It's a good thing I'm not one of those "typed out, not straying from the birth plan" type of people.  Not that there's anything wrong with those type of people.  It's just become very clear to me after having two babies, that nothing will go according to the plans I've worked up in my head!  Both of my beautiful girls decided to make me labor for about two days straight before deciding to give me a break!

Guthrie ended up coming via an unplanned and unwanted, but necessary cesarean.  After two days and nights of failed attempts to progress, my doctor told me we were about out of options.  Even though I was finally moving things along, Guthrie was not.  He said she hadn't dropped at all and she was also facing the wrong way.  We decided, with the help of my awesome doctor and nursing staff, that for the safety of me and the baby, it was best to head into the operating room.  




After Guthrie decided to stop being stubborn, it was my turn.  My blood pressure bottomed out after getting my epidural and it never stabilized throughout my c-section.  I had to stay in the recovery room for quite some time after the surgery.  Thank goodness they let Charlie stay by my side the whole time and immediately let me bond with Guthrie.  I can't say enough good things about the staff that helped during our stay.  All of our nurses and doctors were so amazing and they truly made our long, drawn out experience enjoyable.  I was sooooo glad I had taken the time to make the nurse gifts.  You can tell they were excited and surprised to receive a gift!  I'll never forget the care and comfort that they provided for me and my family and I was so happy to be able to show my appreciation.  (If you didn't see the DIY Nurse Gift Post, check it out here.)

Once we finally made it to our regular room, I couldn't wait to introduce Paisley to her new little sister.  It had been a long couple of days for her, too. She wasn't quite comprehending why her mama was in weird clothes, swollen and in a giant bed that wasn't her own.  Being able to introduce her to Guthrie made the long hours and pain all worth it. 

  

We ended up staying for a total of four nights in the hospital and since the first two nights I spent in labor and the next two nights we were up with a newborn, we were beyond exhausted.  We were very anxious to get out of that hospital and into our own beds!  Guthrie wasted no time making her self at home…


We spent the first outing together as a family at our local Farmer's Market and then got to celebrate Easter together as a new little family of four!  



I've been enjoying my time off of work with my girls and hubby.  And I'm sooooooo not looking forward to going back to work in a few weeks (sorry, boss Dad)!

We have BIG plans in the works though, y'all and we have been busy!  We're getting ready to put together Paisley's new big girl room and we're still putting the finishing touches on our master bedroom renovation.  We'll also be back to tell you exactly what we packed in our hospital bag…. and it may or may not include some FREE PRINTABLES! :)   We have lots on the menu for B&W so make sure you stay tuned!  

Thanks for stopping by today! Have an awesome weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...